Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood!!

There's nothing like the day after the snow has ended when everything is sooooo pretty. You can finally get out of your driveway and the highway is cleared for more than 20 minutes at a time.

I tried to post three times yesterday but I don't know if it was the computer or the satellite but I would just get finished and it would kick out and not save any information.

So I was very witty three times yesterday and no one got to read it.

Well we officially have snow up the ying yang. It snowed for two days straight. Not rain for us up here, just snow.

About 14 inches fell just on Tuesday. That is on top of what we got on Monday, on top of what was already here which was a lot!!!

The trails were groomed up nicely on Monday but I don't think anything has been done since. I'm sure everyone is still busy shoveling out. There have been two snow days this week, four in the last two weeks for the school buses.

Now that life is returning to normal grooming may continue. Paudash groomed last week but closed the gates right after. I guess they wanted to let the trails set. If I hear that the gates are open I'll let you know.

I have taken a series of pictures of the official snow measuring stick to show how much we have. Unfortunately if I can't get my computer to cooperate I won't be able to show you that the snow is now covering the measuring stick to the top.

So trust me when I say that there is enough snow to do some great riding. Get that shopping done so that you can take a day and enjoy a great sled ride before the new year.

I'll be back by Friday if the roof doesn't cave in.

Cheers
Nancy

No comments: