Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Woo hoo.  I finally had some sledders in today.  I was beginning to think that there was a by-law in Hastings Highlands prohibiting sledders from entering.

Today I have good news and better news.  We are getting snow.  Not lots but it looks like it will be enough.  We only needed a few centimetres. 

Riders in today said that all the trails were okay.  Some were icy where they hadn't been groomed but still okay.  One couple had to stop to remove a tree from the trail that a beaver had taken down and was munching away on.  He didn't stick around long and the tree was too big for them to move out of the way.  They could just move it enough to get the sleds under. 

The head groomer guy Lionel was in today and said that all of the groomers will be out tomorrow getting every trail in shape for the weekend.  He had groomed a bit this morning.

I am having a band in on Saturday night from 6:30 until later to round out the club's fund raiser wing day.

Well that's all the warm and fuzzy news I can stand for one day.  I'd better get back to work.  That sink full of dishes in the kitchen will not do themselves and I have to start on the Cream of Mushroom soup for tomorrow.

Back later I hope. If I'm not back nothing exciting has happened either way.

Hope you can make it up on the weekend.

Cheers
Nancy



No comments: