Tuesday, January 07, 2014

The snow continues to fall and the wind continues to blow.

We have a whole crap load of snow, at least three feet.

I went for my walk today and we had quite a time trudging through the snow through the yard behind us to get to the road.  Thank goodness my walking partner is taller and younger than me and she went first. Even the dog figured out that it was easier to follow rather than lead this morning.  We certainly had rosy cheeks when we got back.

I had a group in from Coe Hill yesterday that had met both the Old Hastings groomer and the Maple Leaf groomer in their travels.  Needless to say they had a great ride.  The trails were VERY quiet yesterday.  We did not get the freezing rain up here that hit down south.  Even Coe Hill and area got a fair amount of freezing rain. 

It's nice to see some of the old familiar faces back again.  You wonder what happened to people over the summer when they don't show up. But last weekend brought out a lot of the regular sledders.

Hope we get more again this weekend.

I'll be back later in the week when I have talked to some riders.  There is just so much snow I can't imagine the trails not being mint.  They have now groomed over to Madawaska. 

Chat later.
Cheers
Nancy

No comments: