Friday, March 18, 2011

What a difference 12 hours makes. When I went over to the house last night about 6 pm the parking lot was covered in snow and ice the trail was good and there was three inches of water on the path from the garage to the house. But with the mild temperatures, a night of rain and a warm wind it is almost gone. The water has all but dried up.

I just talked to Russ that had ridden down from Mckenzie Lake and he said that the rail bed was good and there is still a lot of snow in the bush and the back yard behind be. I know this because I cut through it to take the dog for a walks and I am knee deep in snow trying to get to Boulter Lake Rd.

The stakes have been removed from both Baptiste and Lake St. Peter and Mink is open in the usual places. So any long rides may not be a good choice but if you just want to bomb around your property or through the bush it should be no problem.

Now if we are not going to get any more snow and the season has to end I hope that the snow just all goes away and we can jump right into spring and get out the ATV's. I hardly used mine last year and I am looking forward to some riding this year.

It looks like it will be a great weekend to get away to the cottage this weekend. Great weather, longer days and relaxing. Hope we see you.

Cheers
Nancy

No comments: