Monday, February 09, 2009

Sorry for the laps in updates. I had to leave town on Wednesday for grandmother duty. Grandson #3 came home last week and I was voluntold that I needed to help for a few days. I got back on Friday and there was not much change then the weekend hit>

It was a little drizzly, misty on Saturday but it didn't so any damage. If anything it packed the trails better. Saturday was very busy so the trails were well used. Sunday was a fabulous day for sledding. Sunny and mild just the right temperature.

When I grow up I want to be an OPP on a sled. They get to show up for work at 1:00 (they arrived and asked to park in the driveway) ride til about 2:30 come in for coffee and soup, head out again until about 3:30 then load up and quit for the day because no one was around. DO YOU THINK!

It was Sunday afternoon for Pete's sake. Who did you think would be out, most people have to go home because they have a real job!!

However they were very nice and business is business after all.

All four groomers were out on Sunday night so everything is groomed up nicely. I'm told we may get some rain this week. Well I won't have it! I am insisting on another day just as nice as today is. Sunny and mild, just perfect.

I will update tomorrow if things take a turn for the worst.

We will be open on Monday, Feb 16, Family Day from 7 am to 7 pm just in case you are in the area.

Don't forget the Maple Leaf Snow Skimmers annual Poker Run on Saturday, Feb 21. Lots of good prizes and a nice little ride.

That's it for now.
Cheers
Nancy

No comments: