Friday, March 08, 2013

What a beautiful week we have had.  The trails are in great shape. All riders in yesterday confirmed this.  We had four that rode all the way up from Bobcaygen.  Don't know if you could still do that today or not.

The roads are bare and dry and the side roads are sandy and not very snow covered so if you have a long way to ride on the road it's not good.   But otherwise it is wonderful.

I was asked about the sap.  I have given out enough buckets this week so far that I should be getting something in return!!!  I am told that if these nice days keep up it will be running well.  A few folks around here were going to start this weekend.  The days have been just the right temp for sap and the sun is shining.  It is still getting cool at night so that things are still frozen in the morning.

They are still grooming.  Last night on my way home from snooker (we got our asses kicked) I noticed that the groomers were out.  You could see where they had crossed the road because there was snow dragged on it. 

It looks like we are going to have a great week for March break.  Hope that you can make it up for a ride.

That's it for now.  I will be back on Monday for those that will be coming up later in the week.

Cheers
Nancy

No comments: