Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sorry to take so long to update.  Why do I start so many updates with that sentence. Hmmmm.

Well it rained all day Monday so that was just depressing, and I was in Toronto all day Tuesday so nothing got done that day either.  You leave the house at 8:30 get home at 10 pm and holy molly you just lost a day.  Now it's Wednesday and another week is almost over.  Crap, stop the world I want to get off!!!

Any way I digress (again).  We have had three sets of sledders in today.  One had ridden up from Coe Hill and they were not unhappy with the trail conditions.  There was a breakfast meeting here this morning (another 6:30 start) and exec from the snowmobile club were here.  They said that they are keeping the trails at limited.  They hope to get out and groom.  Maybe today if we get enough snow.  It has snowed all day off and on.  But it is still pretty mild as I post this so they may have to wait until the morning when it is cooler.

After being in the city yesterday I can understand why you can't believe that there is still snow up here.  Trust me when I tell you there is snow up here. 

In the low lying areas like the entrance to my back yard where there was a lot of water after the rain it is frozen and slushy both.  So spots on the trail would be the same.  Now they are snow covered, frozen and slushy.

It's hard to say what to do about sledding this weekend.  I will stick with my standard.  If you don't have to drive too far or you don't have to pay for accommodation it would be well worth the trip because there is still lots of good riding out there (as of today).  So you do the math.

I am heading to Oshawa tomorrow to pick up my grand boys and I'll be back Friday.  That's as long as I can keep them before I get put in Gramma jail. 'Nuf said, you grandparents now what I'm talking about.  So no more updates until maybe late Friday.   I'll try when I get back Friday afternoon.  Don't hold out any hope for an update over the weekend because I will be outside playing if the weather is good or inside drinking wine if it's not.  Good thing their parents are coming up Saturday. 

Don't forget we are having music on Saturday night from 6:30 until 9:30.  So stop by for a bite to eat or just drinks.

I hope you're week is going great and you can head north for the weekend.

Back Soon (unless I have lied again)
Cheers
Nancy

No comments: