Friday, February 07, 2014

Well I stand corrected.  When in my rant last week I stated that when you get 12 inches of snow from Oshawa to Oakville you can assume we would get a flake or two up here.  Oh brother was I wrong.  We did not get a flake of snow last week when it hit the fan down south.  It's a good thing we have a ton of snow already.  It has been trying to snow since last night and is still  falling now.  We just seem to get our snow in sensible amounts.

I watched the groomer go by this morning at 7:00.  Riders in yesterday said that all the trails that they were on were in great condition.  With the Snow Skimmers poker run this weekend you can be sure that everything will be at it's best.

We had the most awesome group of sledders in this week.  When they arrived here on Tuesday night it was day 10 of their ride.  They were from Quebec and had been touring Ontario staying in small towns and villages along the way.  What a great group.  Lots of fun.  They had covered about 3,000 km of trails so far and still had two days of riding left before they reached home.  What a great way to spend a couple of weeks.  And after 10 days they were all still speaking!!!  My hat's off to that group.

I know that next weekend is the long weekend but I hope some can make it up this weekend to support the MLSS and the dedicated group of volunteers that make the club great by taking part in the annual Poker Run.  The $10.00 entry is a bargain for a great day and lots of prizes.

Here's hoping that we see you this weekend.
Cheers
Nancy

No comments: