Friday, December 30, 2011

Finally, it's starting to look a lot like snowmobiling season.

The groomer went to Bancroft and Whitney yesterday. Not grooming but just packing and dragging in from the sides. I guess when the temperature drops to -26 you can do those sort of things. At least the sun has been shining and the world looks like a much nicer place to be.

We had a little more snow last night and more is coming tomorrow. So things are looking up.

There have been sledders in every day but they are just out for short rides.

It's a good thing we got the snow because we are planning a New Years Eve toboggan party at the hunt camp and it wouldn't have been much fun sledding on the gravel.

People are invited to build their own sleds out of whatever they want. Now picture this. Doug has a leaky aluminum canoe that he plans on sliding down the hill in. He is having trouble finding someone to go in it with him. Go figure!!! I can't imagine anyone not wanting to give that try. Oh did I mention that one side of the hill has a 20 foot drop? I will give an injury report when I update next. I'm sure there will be a few. If I supply helmets for the crazies is that admitting there may be a liability issue? Maybe I should just let them bring their own helmets and body armour.

I will be back Monday or Tuesday. There is some mild weather coming on Sunday so we will just have to see what happens.

The diner is closing at 3:00 on New Years Eve and opening up late morning New Years Day (assuming none of the staff hurt themselves tobogganing). Have a great New Years Eve.

Cheers
Nancy

No comments: