Monday, July 23, 2012

Whew.  The heat wave continues, or maybe this is what summer should be.  Although we do need rain badly.  It is so dry it's scary.  I was pooper scooping the back yard yesterday which I do with a leaf rake and a snow shovel (he's a big dog) and every time I raked in the dodo there was as much dead grass as poop.  Soon there will be no grass at all just sand.  I do wonder why it is that the weeds can flourish and the grass still grows up the patio stones in a drought.  Even with the rain predicted this week most days are only a 30 percent chance.  As I am constantly pointing out that means a 70 percent chance it won't rain.

The fire ban is still in effect but I guess that goes without saying.  There are still those that think the rules are not for them and they can burn anyway. 

Now on to my rant for the week.  As most of you know I offer the internet for customer use.  It is not free there is a small charge for it which I do not always charge especially if you eat. But some people are just tightwads and cheapskates and try to steal the internet for free.  Some even come in and want to use it for free like its McDonald's or something.  Anyway there is a guy on Mink Lake.  I'm told he is a university prof but I don't know for sure.  Sometimes he would come into the diner and pay for a beer, sit for 2-3 hours and use the internet all for $4.00.  So now we see him over at the fire hall sitting in his car, seat back, all comfy using my internet  because the signal will reach that far.  He was there so long one day the Fire Captain pulled in to ask if everything was okay and would he move away from the fire doors.  His reply was I'm just checking my e-mail (for and hour and a half) and if I go into the restaurant she will charge me.  Seriously does he not know he is in a small town and this will get back to me in a nano second.  This man probably makes more in six months that I make in two years and he won't cough up 5 bucks for the internet when he is getting paid to work at the cottage!!!!!  So now when I see him over there I just unplug the modem to disconnect the internet.  It's really funny to watch him walk around the parking lot trying to find the signal.  Well he can just go to the library in Maynooth where it is free and spend the five dollars on gas.  He is not welcome here. I  have people that eat here on a regular basis that offer to pay for internet yet he has never eaten here and still wants to use it for free.  I found a guy sitting so close to the front door last week that he wouldn't have had to get out of his car to open the diner door.  I unplugged it on him too.  I guess because his buddy was in in the morning and got the password he thought he had a free pass.  Princess cranky pants has emerged again!!!  Mwhaaaaa

The market on Saturdays is still going strong and baked goods are also available at Sherry's just on the way out of Maynooth.  That great little store Firefox has re-opened across the road in a larger building the one that was an antique shop.

Well come on up on the weekend the water's great.  I can't believe that the summer is almost over.  Someone should tell the deer flies so they will go away. July is flying by.  Before you know it it will be the opening of the exhibition and Labor Day weekend.  Sob, sob.

Back next week

No comments: