Friday, November 21, 2008

Here we go again.

Well we had our first snow last Sunday and it has snowed every day since then. Not enough to have the driveway plowed or anything just a little skiff each day.

Now just how much snow is there in a skiff? I'm not sure where the dividing line is but I'm sure you get my drift. (No pun intended)

If this is to be the same as last year when we got our first snow in November it didn't stop until April. So let's just see.

There have been a few sleds out on the rail bed. Mostly guys just getting them fired up for the season and going for a little toot.

The lake is starting to freeze over already. Each day the frozen crust is farther out from shore.

I will not be adding anything new for two weeks. I am off to visit my son and his family living in the wilds of Nevada. Where the hell is Yerington, NV. Well I'm about to find out. It may not be in the heart of red neck country but is sure is a suburb.

I will update when I am back and broke after spending all my money shopping at the great Thanksgiving Sales.

So get your sleds tuned up and ready for another great season of riding in Hastings Highlands the hub of all the best sledding in Ontario.

Cheers
Nancy

No comments: